Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back In To The Swing Of Things!

So I made a few things!  Please, forgive the yellow everything.  I have no lighting! lol  Now, the first two images are a double layout.  Quite literally, the pictures were yellowed because the lightning in the basement always turns out warm.  So I found a background with dark red, medium red and orange.   It looks much prettier in person.
The letters FAMOUS were baby pink glitter, so I heat embossed gold over the top, but if you look closely, you can still see some of that fantastic pink peeking from underneath.  The flowers are Prima.  The red ones came that way, but the pale colored flowers were misted with a touch of Lemongrass Glimmer Mist, heavy on the Tuscan Sun Glimmer Mist.  The centers of the flowers are little black pearl halves.  After watching a video of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer during one of her Prima Classes on Ustream.com, I felt confident enough to just freehand 'On The Red Carpet'.
On the second half of the layout the page was very basic.  A butterfly charm with a matching background color is hanging by a cream satin ribbon in the center of the page.  With some journaling.

So I had a lot of fun with this... I really do love it!

Now for something different.  A friend of mine, Nikki, is celebrating her 21st birthday with us... and I made her a pretty card.  She'll get it tomorrow, so I had to grab it quick and snap a photo.

The flowers are Prima.  The pink came that way, but the brown flower is Chocolate Covered Cherries Glimmer Mist.  Nikki loves brown, pink and white.  The gem in the middle is an e-line Prima pink gem.  Very  nice! 

I went out and bought a Martha Stewart Scoring Board and made an envelope to go with it!  I used the same pink paper for the main envelope and a pretty striped pink/brown/green liner!  I am so excited to be able to make my custom envelopes without any problems!!

I hope you've enjoyed my latest few projects.  More to come!

2 comments:

  1. that's gorgeous Becks and I am looking forward to my birthday card! the colour doesn't come thru well on the laptop - maybe try taking the pictures upstairs in natural light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, my birthday card!!!!!!!!!!! You did an amazing job! I LOVED our Christmas card too. You should open up an etsy.com account and sell them... seriously. I'd buy some!

    ReplyDelete